Consular Public Outreach
Welcome to the Consular Public Outreach Page!
The Consular Section is a team of dedicated Embassy professionals committed to protecting U.S. citizens and facilitating legitimate travel in accordance with U.S. law. In our work, we are guided by the principles of transparency, fairness, professionalism and integrity. In our daily work we strive to provide effective and courteous service to all our diverse customers and educate them on all aspects of the U.S. consular services that we provide. We work daily to keep the consular clients up-to date on all changes in our policies and procedures. We reach out to public by traveling to various regions of Ukraine and holding press-events, meetings with students and other interested audience. We participate in web-chats, on-line forums, and speak to press and media about the work we do. Conducting an active and effective outreach program helps us do every part of our jobs better.
Successful Consular Outreach can:
- Save lives by providing timely and accurate information about personal security and emergency preparedness to U.S. citizens abroad.
- Supply information to the public about consular services provided, and how to access them.
- Correct misconceptions about U.S. policy on a range of subjects, from student visas to intercountry adoptions to overseas voting.
- Shapes public impressions of the United States and U.S. citizens.
In this section you will find Embassy press releases on consular issues and news about all kinds of outreach events that we take part in.
- America Days in Ivano-Frankivsk – May 16-17, 2013
- U.S. Consul General Attending America Days in Donetsk – April 3, 2013
- Embassy Webchat Highlights Summer Work Travel — March 13, 2013
- Consular Trip to Odesa – January 28-29, 2013
- Job Fair — December 1-2, 2012
- Education Abroad Fair — November 16, 2012
- EducationUSA Fair — November 3, 2012
- Ivano-Frankivsk Region Visit — October 12, 2012
- Consular Visit to Lviv – September 14, 2012