Diversity Visas (Green Card Lottery)
PROCESSING DIVERSITY VISAS IN KYIV, UKRAINE
Online registration for the DV 2017 Program begins on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-4).
The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv has issued visas to successful Ukrainian applicants of the Diversity Visa Program since March 1, 2012. General information on the Diversity Visa Program is available at the following link:
Visa interview preparation instructions are available at the following links:
- http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/diversity_step3.html – Kyiv-post specific instructions.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS SCHEDULED FOR AN IMMIGRANT VISA INTERVIEW IN KYIV BY KENTUCKY CONSULAR CENTER
Prior to your appointment date, you must visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua or call the Visa Information and Appointment Service at +38-044-383-8066 Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. or from the United States at 703-988-7107 from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST and follow the steps to register at which TMM-Express courier service location you would like to pick up your visa.
The registration for TMM-Express pick up location is required for every applicant including children. You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, DV case number, your e-mail address and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to complete the registration. If you register online, after entering your information you will be prompted to select a TMM-Express location to which you would like to have your visa delivered. Please make sure that you print out your confirmation letter and bring it with you to the visa appointment. If you register through the Call Center, you will receive a confirmation of TMM-Express courier selection by e-mail. You must print it out and bring it with you for your appointment. The U.S. Embassy will not be able to process your visa application until you make a selection of a TMM-Express destination where the visa can be delivered. There is no additional cost for delivery of your visa.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR THE DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM
The process of participation in the DV program can be described in 5 steps:
- Submitting an entry for DV program (DV registration); Checking your DV entry status
- Preparing and Submitting your Forms and Photographs
- Obtaining Your Civil Documents
- Your Interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Abroad
- Entering the U.S
Please click on each of the steps below.
Diversity Visa applicants who have been referred for additional medical evaluation, which takes up to 8 weeks to complete, are advised that the last day the Diversity Visa can be issued is September 30, 2016. Unfortunately, we will not be able to issue Diversity Visas to applicants who are not medically cleared for travel to the United States by September 30, 2016.
All individuals issued diversity visas overseas must pay a $165.00 USCIS Immigrant Fee before traveling to the United States. This USCIS website has more details on the new fee, including contact information for USCIS, if there are further questions. Please also see our FAQ page.
- If diversity visa appointment is scheduled at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine you must visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua or call the Visa Information and Appointment Service at +38-044-383-8066 to register for the passport delivery. The U.S. Embassy WILL NOT be able to process your visa application until you make a selection of a TMM-Express destination where the visa can be delivered. Please make sure that you register BEFORE you come for your scheduled visa interview.