How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR A U.S. VISA
The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv provides visa information and appointment services at no charge through a comprehensive website and by telephone through the call center.
For visa information and to make an appointment please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua or call (044) 383-8066 in Ukraine or (703) 988-7107 in the United States.
The Call Center will be open to callers from 9:00am to 9:00pm, Monday through Friday, Ukraine time. The U.S. number will be available from 7:00am to 3:00pm EST, Monday through Friday. No Personal Identification Number (PIN) or fee payment is required to call.
Applicants may also email questions to support-Ukraine@ustraveldocs.com in Ukrainian, Russian, or English or contact the Call Center online through Skype at ustraveldocs-Ukraine. Email inquiries will receive a response within 2 business days.
NOTE: There is separate application procedure for the Members of Diplomatic Missions and Government officials.
NOTE: Certain applicants who have previously received a U.S. visa may qualify for the Renewal Procedure.
Non-Immigrant Visa Application Steps:
1. Fill out the DS-160 online.
- Ensure you are applying for the correct visa classification.
2. Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua, select your visa type, and print out the deposit slip for the visa application fee amount (fee differs based on visa type).
3. Pay the application (MRV) fee at a Raiffeisen Bank branch in Ukraine.
- Applicants must bring a deposit slip for their visa class in order to pay at the bank.
- Payment must be made in cash and only in Ukrainian Hryvnia.
- Applicants must retain their receipt number in order to schedule an appointment.
Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable and it is your responsibility to ensure that the fee is paid correctly in all respects. Before making your non-refundable visa application fee payment at Raiffeisen Bank, please ensure that your payment slip is properly filled out, that you are paying the correct amount, and that no one has already paid on your behalf. U.S. Embassy Kyiv is not responsible for erroneous payments regardless of the reason or circumstances. Please plan accordingly, as you will not be reimbursed by U.S. Embassy Kyiv.
4. Create your profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua. Schedule a visa interview appointment at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua or through the Call Center using your visa fee payment receipt and DS-160 confirmation number.
- Important: Applicants must wait at least 5 hours after payment to schedule an appointment.
- Choose a TNT document delivery office for passport pick up.
NOTE: You MUST bring your appointment confirmation letter to your visa interview, otherwise you will experience serious delays when entering the Embassy.
5. Attend a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv.
6. If the visa is approved, pick up passport with visa at the TNT office chosen by applicants at the time of their registration either online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua or through the call center.
New Address of the U.S. Embassy
4 Aircraft Designer Igor Sikorsky Street, Kyiv, Ukraine 04112 (former Tankova St.)
- Applicants, who are 80 and older, are residents of Ukraine and hold Ukrainian travel passports, do not require interviews and fingerprints. Such applicants can submit their visa applications the same way as in the Renewal Procedure.