Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Citizenship and Passports

The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit accepts passport applications by appointment to renew expiring or expired passports, or replace passports that have been lost, stolen, or mutilated.  ACS also accepts applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad and first U.S. passports for U.S. citizen children born outside of the United States.  Each U.S. citizen in Ukraine, including children and infants, must have his or her own valid passport.  A lost or stolen passport must be replaced immediately.

U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas no longer issue full validity passports.  Overseas posts accept passport applications and electronically forward them to the National Passport Center in the United States.  The full validity passport is then sent back to the Embassy or Consulate to be issued to the applicant.  The turnaround time for this process is usually seven business days.

If you live in Ukraine and wish to have your new passport sent to you via paid courier service, please talk to the consular employee accepting your documents prior to your interview and fill out the necessary delivery form.

In cases where the applicant must travel urgently or has an immediate need for a passport, the Embassy can issue an emergency passport that is typically valid for three months.  The emergency passport can be exchanged later for a full validity passport at an Embassy or Consulate overseas or at a Passport Agency in the United States.  For further information on passport services, please see the Department of State's website on U.S. passports.

More detailed passport application information can be found in this section using the links on the left.  Please contact us at +38-044-521-5566 or by email if the information you need is not available here.