Programs and Grants
The Ukrainian Media Partnership Program
Competition for participation in Ukraine Media Partnership Program is open!
International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) announces the competition for participation in Ukraine Media Partnership Program (UMPP) 2013-2014.
About the program:
The Ukrainian Media Partnership Program (UMPP) creates
and fosters long-term relationships between selected
works to strengthen the current legal status of independent media, improve the
professional journalism and business skills of media owners and employees
through training and on-site consultations, and increase the resources and
services available to independent media through indigenous media associations.
IREX has provided support to independent journalists in
From the program’s start 32 partnerships were carried on, which involved over 130 US trainers visiting Ukraine and over 170 Ukrainian professionals having internships in the USA.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- regional press and broadcast media outlets
- independent (from political forces or local authorities)
- informational ( create news products) for wide audiences (Specialized publications will not be considered)
Program activity includes but doesn’t limit to:
Creation and sustaining of long-term partnership with US media organization. During the UMPP Program year Ukrainian finalist organizations will have:
- Two group internships of Ukrainian professionals (10 days each) in the USA;
- Two visits of US trainers to the hosting organization in Ukraine (1 week each);
- Final round table for project results discussion
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 26, 2013, Friday, 4 p.m.
For additional information please refer to: