Messages for U.S. Citizens and Warden Information
The Embassy occasionally contacts U.S. Citizens who have signed-up with the Smart Traveler Enrolment Program (STEP) to pass along news and important messages regarding safety and security issues. We send these messages by email, and by SMS text message if you choose, and they are posted below.
What is a Message to U.S. Citizens?
Messages to U.S. Citizens contain routine but important information such as voting news, opportunities to meet with a Consular Officer and receive Consular services outside of Kyiv, or any changes to the Embassy's opening hours or services.
What is an Emergency Message to U.S. Citizens?
Emergency Messages to U.S. Citizens are breaking news messages containing advice for the resident U.S. community, such as those alerting U.S. citizens to a political crisis, a natural disaster, or a terrorist attack.
What are Wardens?
Wardens are private U.S. citizens residing in Ukraine that help the Embassy contact U.S. citizens in an emergency and assist U.S. citizens in trouble or during a crisis when an Embassy official can't travel to the scene quickly. Please contact the American Citizen Services unit if you are interested in volunteering as a Warden. We greatly appreciate the support from our Wardens and the important role they play!
Recent Messages to U.S. Citizens
- Consular Visit to Donetsk on May 23, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – May 16, 2013
- Consular Visit to Ivano-Frankivsk on May 17, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – May 8, 2013
- Consular Visit to Poltava on May 16, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – May 8, 2013
- Consular Visit to Odesa on April 24, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – April 15, 2013
- Consular Visit to Uzhgorod on April 18, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – April 11, 2013
- Consular Visit to Simferopol on April 9, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – March 27, 2013
- Worldwide Caution – Message for U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, February 27, 2013
- Consular Visit To Lviv on February 27, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – February 25, 2013
- Consular Visit To Odesa On January 28, 2013 – Message to U.S. Citizens – January 16, 2013
- Caution on Aerosvit Airlines – Message to U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, January 10, 2013